Monday, December 13, 2010

With Korea Comes Life Changing Happenings!


Well, if you haven't heard yet, you're out of the loop.

A few weeks ago I was contacted by the social worker at my adoption agency here in Korea. I've been writing back and forth to a few ladies that are helping me find my birth parents. According to her e-mail, she had found a physical address for my birth mother in Gwangju, just east of Seoul. The next plan of action was for her (the social worker) to contact the birth mother (as we'll call her) through mail, and see if she'd be willing to speak with her.


A few weeks later, she contacted me via e-mailing letting me know that my birth parents were excited and nervous to hear about me. They wanted detailed information about me and when a good time to meet was. I also found out that my adoption paperwork wasn't necessarily correct. According to my paperwork, my birth father might have never known about me, but according to the social worker, my birth parents are MARRIED and I have a full brother and sister. Crazy huh??

I'm heading up this weekend to meet them with my friend Dru - he's been in the same situation so he's a perfect companion on this crazy experience that's about to happen!

I don't have too many details, but I'll be sure to write back when I've come back!

Love you and all thanks for helping make me who I am today!

1 comment:

  1. Jin, this brought tears to my eyes... I am so excited for you, and cannot wait to hear all about it. You and I were both lucky enough to grow up and have amazing families, but I know how important it is to find a missing part of your life. Your family will always be your family, but finding your biological parents is an amazing experience that I'm so happy you are getting the chance to go through.. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete