Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Movember!

Movember - the charitable rave going on in Busan, Korea. Why have I never heard about this before? Maybe it wasn't as catchy in Seattle as it is in Canada? Who knows? Anyway, can't walk around this city without seeing a foreigner sportin a mustache. In support of men's health issues, such as Prostate Cancer and Depression, guys were growing out as much facial hair as possible to help raise money. Last weekend was the official party for finishing out the month of mustaches. They had an auction, donations, t-shirts, etc. in order to get the last of the charitable contributions.

November was a pretty busy month. Three of my friends had babies, Chelsey and Kyle found out they are having a girl (lil Claire), I had a few business trips for school, an ice skating field trip, birthdays, open classes, and Thanksgiving of course.

Ice skating was soo fun. I got a kick out of watching my silly students falling everywhere. Seems as if it's a little bit of KARMA going back to the students that have never been good...I say this with an evil grin on my face. It was a great day and full of laughs. I'll be sure to post pics soon.

Thanksgiving. Well, I managed to stress myself out again - always nice. I had approximately 15 people over at my house. This year I moved furniture to create more space, and added some extra tables and chairs. It turned out great! I was a bit rushed feeling by the time everyone got there, but the food was hot, and DELICIOUS! This year we managed to get a turkey - for 120,000 won. EXPENSIVE..that's about 100 USD. But, so worth it. Anyway, we managed to have a great Thanksgiving and I am thankful for so much this year. I'm also thankful I won't ever have to have Thanksgiving in a studio apartment again.

Hope the start of the holidays was great for you all, and hope that no one was trampled on Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment