Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer in the ROK!

Hey everyone!

Sorry - I'm in trouble. I know....not keeping up. Sorry guys!

I'm hoping most of you have received my February through May pics that I sent out a few days ago. It was from my return back to Korea and the beginning of Spring. There are a few more from May to the present, but I must say - not a lot of interesting things have been going on.

I'm still anticipating my vacation. I've still got 1 more week of English camp and 1 more week of sitting at school - doing NOTHING. I guess I really don't have any excuses for not updating the blog...oops.

Camp has been going well. I believe that the little 3rd and 4th graders are sent to English Camp in replacement for babysitters. It was a little stressful. 5th graders were angels and next week I've got my favs - 6th graders.

Some really good friends have left Korea, so it's been a great opportunity to make new ones. It's amazing the connections you can find with the people you meet. I met a couple a few weeks ago that lived in Seattle for about 3 years. They were both working for the Make a Wish foundation and from their stories, it sounds like an amazing organization to join as a volunteer. I'm looking forward to the next bunch that come in.

Taking a vacation here in a few weeks with David (I'm sure you all know who that is by now). We're going to Jeju. I'm in need of a vacation more than ever. Things around school are mundane and so familiar, it will be nice to mix things up a bit.

I am considering another year in Korea. I know - don't be mad. I am currently not saving and funds and the idea of coming back empty handed, is not really a choice. I am going to be home near the end of February AND for the end of summer. So - that will be two trips back to back, cutting out of my worldly travels, just to visit you people. I hope that makes you happy. Who knows, I might be bringing guests with me as well.

I'm making my Korean TV debut tonight. Airiang news is filming one of my really good friends and she has invited me to the interview. I actually had another interview earlier this week for a girl making a documentary on Korea. I've become quite a star - what can i say....newspaper, tv..such is the life.

Anyway, I must get going. I miss and love you all. Hope everyone is in good health and is enjoying a sunny Washington summer.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment