Thursday, June 18, 2009

Activity Genius

Did you all know that I am brilliant at finding activities for my students? Well, I am. Guess where my new place to find games for my students is at...? Bridal and Baby Shower websites. I have been using games from there to play with my kids. It's quite entertaining. And no, I don't dress them up in bridal gowns made out of toilet paper. That would be quite fun though. In Korea, they might find that wasteful.

Today the activity I chose for my 5th grade activity class was a big hit. Too bad they were SUPER loud. Most of the teachers I've talked to this week have come to the conclusion that there must be a full moon out. They are excessively loud and we can't figure it out. Anyway, I first had the students stand in a line as they came into class. I clipped them each with 2 paper clips and had them sit at a table. I stuck a post it on our stage with the group numbers and told them if they spoke Korean, I would take away one of their clips. Then I had 4 baskets of items that they already knew...gave each table a basket to look at for 3 minutes and then took it away from them. They were to memorize all of the objects.. Do these games sound familiar? Then, had them write down the words and make a sentence for each word. I put all of the words on the white board and counted everyone's points. I went through a basket to see who was missing what. After that we added to their total points, points for each sentence that was correct. At the very end we subtracted the total clips I pulled off their shirts... Ahh.. Feels good to have a successful day. Anyone want to hire me?

So the next few weeks have a bunch of fun stuff going on. I've been invited to play in a volleyball tournament tomorrow at Gwangalli Beach. It should be fun. Tomorrow...I'm going to lay low. I have no money. I am going to start looking for vacations though. Southeast Asia...not quite sure where to go yet. I think I'm on my mine too...sad. Anyone back home wanna come meet up in some country??? End of July there is a Mud Festival where you drink and run around in fields and fields of mud. It's supposed to be epic and a must do before you leave Korea. I'm trying to get some people together to go around the 18th.

Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment